When you first start out on your BJJ journey, one of the first things you’ll learn about is the gi. Your gi is basically your combat uniform. A gi is made up of the pants, jacket, and belt. The belt keeps your jacket closed. That’s why learning how to tie the belt correctly is important. Over the course of the next few posts, you’ll learn a few of the different belt tying techniques so you can tie yours properly. If you’re searching for the best adult martial arts, BJJ, or even kids self defense classes in Raleigh, keep reading to see how Gracie can help you in 2017! Call today to learn more about our specials and martial arts programs.
How To Tie A BJJ Belt The Right Way
This is the quickest and easiest way to tie your gi’s belt. In fact, this is one of the most highly used techniques that instructors use when teaching beginners. The traditional method is so easy that even a child could do it blindfolded. Below you’ll find the steps on how to tie your belt using the traditional tying method.
- Start with the labels turned outwards and place the flat side of the middle of your belt on your stomach.
- Next, pull each side tight while you bring both ends around your back. Grab each side with your opposite hand.
- Now you’ll want to extend each side frontwards even more, so that the belt continues to tighten. Be sure to keep both ends the same length. It’s OK if you have to make a few adjustments to keep one side from being longer than the other.
- Next, take the right side of the belt and overlap it with the left. Feed the right side under all the layers of the belt starting from the bottom and exiting the top layer.
- To tie the knot, take the bottom part of the belt that’s in your right hand and loop it around the left hand strand. When the knot is formed, pull tight on both ends.
Be sure to check out next post. We’ll be sharing even more belt tying techniques, including the black belt method. If you, or your son or daughter, needs a new martial arts challenge, keep reading to learn how Gracie Raleigh can help you in 2017.
Affordable 2017 BJJ, Muay Thai, and Even Kids Self Defense Classes in Raleigh NC
Gracie offers highly rated, yet affordable muay thai, jiu jitsu, and even kids self defense classes in Raleigh NC. Now is the perfect time to get your mind and body ready for 2016. Training at our gym will help you in so many ways. We can help you get really fit and healthy, we can also teach you valuable self defense skills, all while gaining a lot of self confidence. It’s a win, win, win for your body, mind and soul. When you are ready to take your life to the next level, push the limits by giving us a call at Gracie Raleigh.